After five years of making 100s of chefs hats for little heads on a weekly basis.........
........I have the process down pat. When I ran my Children's Cooking School I would sell my paper chefs hats on line and also provide each child with one as they walked through the door. And they loved them! I would give all the kids texta's and get every child to write their name on their hat before they started to decorate them. Its a great added extra to a cooking party, and a great time filler while they decorate them. I have listed the materials required and also added a video as a visual for you!!! Please excuse my surroundings as I am in the process of relocating my work space from the attic to the outside studio so its all looking pretty shabby, the craft table has gone so I am on the floor :(..........
and the materials required are......
- cardboard strips cut at 7cm depths
- double sided tape
- crepe paper cut in rounds
- a stapler
and here is how its done.........
Cut yourself a round template to use as a guide for your paper.
- Using your template trace a circle onto your crepe paper and cut out your round.
- Cut your cardboard in strips that will go the circumference of theirs heads and 7cm in depth
- Put a strip of double sided tape down the length of the edge of the cardboard
- Gather the crepe paper and attach it to the tape the full length of the cardboard
- Staple to secure