Here is what to do.................
- Get the best cook in the house to cook up a few sponge cakes of different sizes or
- Grab them from from the local cake shop or
- The least appealing........ straight off your supermarket shelf.
Once you have your sponges you will need:
- whipped cream
- loads of sprinkles
- bamboo skewers
- Cut your sponges through their middles and sandwich them together with cream and the jam.
- Grab a spatula and fully cover the tops and sides with a thin layer of cream also. Go light on the cream in the middle of the cakes so it is not too hard to cut when you are serving.
- Pour your sprinkles into a tray that has sides so that the little guys don't roll too far away.
- Laying the smallest sponge, top down, into the sprinkles and then remove.
- Do the same with the other two sponges and then roll all three sponge sides in the sprinkles.
- Secure with the skewers through the middle of the cakes to keep it all stable.