Popular Posts
-
Hi!! Thought you might like to see how I made a chevron stencil that will help me paint the pattern on to the back of a 70"s desk whic...
-
I'd like to share a couple of purchases that I've found along my travels recently (and not sold off). ............... This floral...
-
I was told only the other day that to remove sticky labels all you need to do is to hit it with hot air from the hair drier. Is this somethi...
Friday, 8 February 2013
Portable Shelving and Lighting for Renters
It is really hard to personalize a rental space when your landlord doesn't allow you to hang pictures or add shelving. This could be a great alternative. Pick up an old door, the more distressed the better. Add a few shelves, not too wide though as you may over balance your door. Pick up a wall light, click here on ikea who have a great range. Create a hole where you would like to mount your light if necessary. Fix it to your door and there you have it. A great lighting, shelf combo that keeps both you and the landlord smiling. Remember that it will be leaning against the wall so it will be on a slight angle unless you can negotiate a couple of fixing points.
Labels:
DIY
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment