Popular Posts

Monday 29 April 2013

Bring your Desk out of Hiding

As an extension on yesterdays post creating rooms within rooms, I've posted a few desk images to muse over. I'm totally over the white wall vibe but their arrangements are pretty coolAnd I like  it when you don't know that the workspace is even there, you just stumble across it as you scan around a room............








The floating desk is a simple idea with a couple of barrel shades hung low teamed with a comfy chair. Really, use any table,with any chair, mismatch the whole arrangement. Plonk interesting items on it to add colour, texture and purpose. Layer up the look. Use whatever you have and replace your items as you find things more appropriate . This is what I do. I love the big bowl of photos, I will definitely be dragging out the snaps some time soon.......................I can see my friends coming in and sifting through the images asking questions, reflecting on the past and having a good old laugh..............

and here is a desk that sits in our entrance, thrift store find which I up-cycled with a chevron pattern................... I up-cycled it to sell, but realised when I got it home that the desk lid was sticking and needs filing. I haven't got around to fixing it yet, as you can see..........soon I will ( I tell myself) and then she will be on the market.............


No comments: