Popular Posts

Saturday 27 April 2013

Flea Market Finds and Retro Combined.........

I am loving this apartment of danish designer Anne Mette Jensen Skodborg who is a visual merchandiser for Part Two. And I want so badly to reach out and grab that teal glass pendant lamp she has for myself!!!......

It is a small 62 meter square space which she has added so much character and colour to. A quirky mix of flea market finds and retro style pieces. The scales drawn onto her wall look as though they were done with a pop art pen, (check out her web site).

So many people get hung up on the decorating stuff and the trends........ but what if you decided to throw yourself and your unique ideas into your space, roll around in it and leave traces of you in every corner. No one would be able duplicate it, it would be a signature look as unique as your finger tips.

Anyway.... clearly she is confident and happy with her super cool styling. and I love it............ all images collected from  My Scandinavian Home.................










I like that the hues used have more depth than pastel shades. They are strong but muted which gives a calmer effect. So its a girly look that has body at the same time..............

The half paint job up the wall I have done in our bedroom. Black of course.......but its a great way to break up a wall while keeping continuity........

No comments: