Popular Posts

Friday 26 April 2013

Indoor Plant Survival Tips.......No No Go the Faux

I went to get a plant for my 'newly painted, old 70's trolley' that I up-cycled the other day along with a stack of paint that I needed.

I was intending to buy a specimen that was alive and kicking......although my plans changed. When I was going through the check out the assistant said to me "so is this aloe vera?" hello........ it was
aloe vera, of the plastic kind.

I was so stoked that the assistant thought that this little guy was the real deal. It was such a convincing replica, she didn't know that it was one of their faux plants!!!! So I purchased it from here, if you're interested. Cant find the actual page for it but, oh well sorry..........

This morning when I opened up my mail box I saw this article from apartment therapy with an aloe vera plant staring me in the face. I read it and thought, no need to worry about that!!............. Check out more fakes here in amongst our garden that have never raised suspicion.............



 The little brass pot was from a thrift store, cheap, cheap. Like I said here, I'm on the rampage, collecting "gold" along my travels...........I hope everyone has a great weekend. 

BTW....I'm planning to attack my site this weekend and I'm not the clueist (is that a word?) individual when it comes to IT stuff ............... hopefully it will be smooth sailing, hmmmm ..............

No comments: