Popular Posts

Wednesday 1 May 2013

My New Hero

My new hero in the kitchen is this Ikea suspended lamp that I have just purchased. After actively looking for over six months for vintage barrel shades to hang over the kitchen table.......... my patience has run out, I threw in the towel yesterday, went to Ikea buying Andrew and me this (not so little) number, it's huge. OK,  I needed  height so I popped it on to a very plain black cupboard. Its the shape of a pedestal so that has worked well :) The lamp now reaches just below the ceiling and hangs central to the table. I am guessing that the span of the shade would be at least 650mm,pretty much the width of the table and I love it. If it were on the ground it would work beautifully over a coffee table, jutting out, guessing again, 2.5 metres. I am so happy I have been forced into this option. Now I can remove it easily as trends change. I am able to attach a different shade if I feel the need and it was reasonably priced.........
Buying oversize is what I have always done.........big statement pieces rather than heaps of little items. You just get more in your face impact..........
 






and more of the paper shade vibe photo source


photo source


No comments: